Diamantina® Dipladenia for professionals > The expertise of DHM Innovation on Dipladenia
The new varieties of the Diamantina® collection that were introduced as soon as 2010-2011 are the result of an extensive investment program made by DHM Innovation that also helped to develop an expertise in various areas of plant biology:
- Physiology of plant reserves
Those researches resulted in improving the mother plant capacity to produce URC's.
- The plant architecture model
This is the base of our plant propagation process.
- Molecular biology
That led to the implementation of micro-satellites helping to:
- Control variety identity,
- Control that Diamantina® varieties are true hybrids,
- Compare genetic sources in order to identify potential parent lines,
- Understand failures and breeding problems related…
- Cytology and caryology
These techniques are used to detect double-gametes and to control the cell duplication.
- Tissu culture
All protocols to propagate our Diamanatina® varieties have been defined. We use the tissu culture technic to:
- Store parent lines of our selected varieties,
- Produce Elite materials requested by plant propagators.
- Crossing and hybridization methods
Since natural pollination cannot occur under our climate, we had to understand the factors that influence the production of true hybrids.